Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Week 11: Excel Activity

For this activity I had to construct a list including Clients (Peter, Julia, James), Hours, Rates, Benefit, Cost, and Total. I then had to enter these into a series of cells, and then enter a series of formulas, make a graph, and then use macro to record the functions regarding gain, loss and gainsandlosses. I then recorded these layers into macro and was able to view easily which clients would provide the most gain, and which would infact cause a loss in profit.

This use of excel would surely benefit a business owner (wether small or large business). I did not have any idea these functions were available on excel, and if i ever needed them in the future, or know anyone who did, i would certainly use this or recomend this program to them.

I didnt encounter many problems, but the only real problem was when trying to enter a formula that seemed to not work, wether I typed it out, cut and pasted it, I have no solution. I ended up having to enter in the answers without the use of the formula.

This was a good activity in my opinion. It exposed me to things that were previously unknown to me, and I like it when this happens, as I know that I am learning. It was a little confusing at first when I had to try the Macro activity, but it all turned out well, after I recieved help from Adam.

No comments: